What a lovely surprise I got yesterday morning when I went to my blog and found that I had been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award. Many thanks to What Jane Read Next for nominating me (make sure that you go check out her blog before you continue here. A very entertaining blog and I will definitely continue to read). I always see these little blogging awards on people’s pages and now I have one all for my very own. I think I’ll call him George…
So, apparently these awards have some rules attached. I have to mention the person who nominated me (please see above – and thanks again), I have to “pay it forward” and nominate 7 other people for the award and I have to tell you all 7 things about myself. So, I think that I’ll start with the stuff about myself. I apologise in advance if you get bored – I’m really not that interesting!
- I have recently started using Twitter and I have to say that I just don’t get it. Hashtags and @’s are the least of my problems though. I can’t seem to write a message that conveys exactly what I want in the amount of characters I’m given. Perhaps I should look at it as a good way to be more concise with my writing.
- I love to cook. On top of that I love to eat the things I cook. I’m not talking about your usual mid-week dinners either, you know, meat and 3 veg. I’m talking about delicious cakes and beautiful home-made meat pies with meat that has been cooked slowly for a couple of hours before it goes into the oven. When you eat the meat it just falls apart in your mouth without even biting. Oh dear, just drooled on my keyboard a little bit.
- I write far more eloquently than I speak. I have unfortunately grown up at a time when “like” is used far more in a sentence that what is required. For example, “I was like, whatever”. I panic a little bit when I hear myself use it in this way and later I try to think of better words that could have been used. But thinking about it, in this age of Facebook, Twitter and blogging, “like” is probably one of the most used words going around.
- I have a tendency to turn words around and say them backwards, like this – Siht tsop si tuoba ym noitanimon rof eht Lufituaeb Reggolb Drawa. If you can decipher this it apparently means that you are a genius, just like me! Leonardo Da Vinci wrote backwards too.
- I also like to add up all the numbers in phone numbers (and sometimes the time) and keep adding until I reach a single digit. Weird, right?
- I secretly love singing along to One Direction songs, even though I am well and truly past the age where I should be liking boy bands (my iPod also holds songs by The Backstreet Boys, Five, Westlife, N*Sync and a couple of other boy bands that had one hit song each).
- I never borrow books from libraries or buy from second-hand shops. Why? First of all, I don’t know where they’ve been or who has touched them. I’m not germaphobic or anything, but the amount of hands they may have passed through gets my imagination running wild. Secondly, I love knowing that I am the first person to have read that particular book and I love that new smell that comes with it.
Now to nominate some lovely people who make my day brighter when they blog.
- wantoncreation – always writes about really interesting stuff and it is a real pleasure to read his posts. I wish had half your talent!
- Abe Pacana Photography Blog – takes the kind of photos I wish I could take. If I practiced photography more and read less books, I might be able to take shots like this. In the meantime, I’ll just stay jealous!
- Gin & Lemonade – a very inspirational young lady and I love reading stories about her every day life.
- Münchow’s Creative Photo Blog – another great photography blog that I discovered only recently. All his photos show life as it is.
- LadyRomp – I love reading about the Inspirational Woman of the Day. I’ve always thought I could do (just about) anything I wanted and this blog reaffirms that.
- Daisy’s World – this is a blog of beautiful food and beautiful photos that make me think that if I just reach through the screen I’ll be able to grab those eclairs. Instead, I am just left with fingerprints all over my screen.
- Catherine, Caffeinated – an extremely witty and very informative blog, also recently discovered. Catherine writes with a tenacity that I love and I wish I was half as bold as her!
So there you have it everyone. The above people should be read, followed and appreciated and definitely far more deserving of the beautiful blogger award than I. Happy reading!!