Who needs an Oscar when you have been nominated for the “Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness”? Surely with such an epically awesome name, this must be the King of Blogging Awards so how could I not be super honoured to be nominated for this award by the lovely Jess at Mitten’s Kittens Blog. If you’ve not checked out her blog yet, you have either a)been living under a rock, b)started your blog just now, or c)wasted time reading this far into this post. So, do yourself a favour and check out Mitten’s Kittens Blog and prepare to awesomeified (I did just make that word up).
Now, the rules for this award are:
1. Write ten awesome facts about yourself.
2. Nominate ten other bloggers that you think are awesome enough to win this award.
3. Inform the chosen they have won
Right, first is ten awesome facts about myself. If these aren’t as awesome as you were expecting, I’m sorry, but I’m a pretty boring person so it can’t be helped.
- I’ve got the music in me – it’s just buried way, way down inside me and there’s probably not enough of it to enable me to actually be the amazing rockstar of my mind. I’ll just stick to mouthing the words to songs and bobbing my head along to the music.
- I spent the entirety of the recent long weekend (except Monday because I moved off the couch and left the house) watching iCarly on Nickelodeon. Please don’t ask me how I came to be attached to this show, as I don’t know why. If anyone is interested, the final episode EVER will be televised on April 13th in Australia. A sad day for us all.
- I’m heading to Italy and France in October with my mum for a girlie getaway. That’s pretty damn exciting…and awesome.
- As a very small child I could be put to sleep by the sound of the vacuum cleaner. This may explain my aversion to them as an adult and why the very thought of cleaning makes me tired.
- My favourite colour is yellow, but I always seem to end up with red things. These are the things I have that are red: teapot, teacup, Kitchenaid, handheld mixer, armchair, handbag, umbrella, phone cover, fluffy bird that sits on my desk at work.
- My superhero power is being able to smell cigarette smoke on a person who had half a cigarette eight hours earlier. Pretty neat huh?
- I am obsessive about buying books. I literally have a stack of about 15 at the moment that I haven’t read (plus a box full stored in the garage). Usually I buy them on sale though, so I don’t spend too much money. But I’m always worried if I don’t buy it right now, I’ll miss out f o r e v e r .
- I have this thing where if I say out loud something that I want to buy (like a sewing machine, replacement handbag, holiday to Italy), within two days there is usually a sale on line for the thing that I want, at a ridiclous price. For example, after I bought my holiday to Italy I said to my boyfriend, “There’ll be a sale on flights next week.” And wouldn’t you know it, there was! I must be psychic.
- I’m psychic.
- It takes me about two hours to drink a cup of coffee, no matter what the size is – small, medium or large. I will usually continue drinking it until it’s completely gone, no matter how cold and disgusting it is. Funnily enough, wine never lasts that long.
Weren’t they some awesome facts? Now for the bloggers who I nominate for this award. I’m not going to nominate ten, as that seems like a lot and I always end up having to nominate the same people, as I run out of blogs to nominate (that made no sense). So I’m going to pick three of my favourite blogs that I started following most recently – make sure you check them out. I’ve made it easy for you too – you just have to click on the links below! They are: