It’s time for another update on the reading challenges I’m participating in this year (I first wrote about them here if you’re interested). All of the books basically fall under the Read My Own DamnBooks challenge, but for the sake of tracking eBooks and physical books, I’m keeping them separate.
This challenge is officially over and my total for it was 10 eBooks read, but I’m going to continue to keep track of my eBooks read separate from the physical ones. This month I didn’t read any eBooks – and I’m ok with that.
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?? After not reading any of my own unread books for the last couple of months, I actually managed to cross one off the list in July. This must be what they call a miracle.
- Phar Lap by Geoff Armstrong and Peter Thompson
So far I’ve read 6 of my own damn books.
I crossed off zero tasks this month. Apparently I’m not reading very hard.
Number of tasks completed so far: 12/24
This one was a bit of a success. I managed to mark off five squares (you can see my bingo square here) and I now only have one book to read before I get a bingo (and I already know which book it’s going to be):
- With a red cover: Phar Lap by Geoff Armstrong and Peter Thompson
- With a day of the week in the title: The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
- A literary magazine or journal (of any genre): Slightly Foxed No. 50
- A ghost story: The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Involving magic: The Magicians by Lev Grossman