‘Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts’ is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous – go say hi!
1. This is my first Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts post. I’m excited by this and hopeful that it will be an ongoing thing.
3. Speaking of crushes, my first screen crush, Tom Burlinson, is now a singer (he’s got a real Sinatra thing happening) and is doing a show at a venue down the street from my work. He’s literally old enough to be my father, but I’m excited nonetheless.
4. I finally got my hands on a tin of these lemon curd biscuits. They were outrageously priced, but worth every cent (even if they do work out to be $1.37/biscuit).
5. I spent many minutes perusing my favourite stationery website. If you too happen to peruse that website, check out the space pen I purchased. I don’t need it now, but you never know when I’ll need to write upside down or underwater (does the ink run?) or in space.
6. I recently rekindled my love for Words With Friends. I’d forgotten how fun it is to beat people to a wordy pulp, and occasionally be put in my place by people better than me then seek revenge upon them. If you have an account, let’s not play together because I’d like to stay friends.
7. I’ve been having a delightful time watching ‘The Gilmore Girls’ from season one on Netflix and spotting celebrities before they were properly famous. I saw Jon Hamm the other day.
Gilmore Girls, S3 Ep5: Jon Hamm and Lorelai try to outbid each other on a glass of wine. Much like a fine wine, he's got better with age.—
Heather (@heather_c3) August 24, 2016
8. I’m trying to pick a couch for my new house. I can’t decide between this one, this one, or this one (opinions are welcome on this subject). Oh, and then I have to decide on the fabric. It’s interior decorating hell.
9. I sort of started my translation project last weekend. So far my favourite new French word is ‘écrivain’; that’s ‘writer’ in English.
10. I won a copy of this book by declaring my love for this painting, which hangs in London’s National Gallery. It’s not the most beautiful painting in the world, but I like the reason for why it might have been painted (as a love token). And it won me a book, so it’ll always be beautiful to me.
11. A small Spanish press is cloning (yes, CLONING) the Voynich Manuscript. I wants it. But I also want to be able to eat (it’s selling for around €8000).
12. Thank goodness for sisters.