‘Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts’ is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous – go say hi!
1. Luke Cage. Such a great show. And there’s a bad guy who’s also a cool guy which means I love him and feel incredibly conflicted about it.
2. According to a horrible person mentioned in this article, women can’t write about science properly and literary prizes are moving towards being too “female-friendly”. What a jerk.
3. My favourite thing from the internet this week:
The Spongebob SquarePants theme song slowed down by 800% is something straight out of nightmares. https://t.co/7akkKp8xnu—
The Unexplained (@Unexplained) September 29, 2016
4. I read this interesting article about translating literature that gave me some things to think about for my own translation project (which, if you were wondering, hasn’t moved very far as yet).
5. Megalolamna paradoxodon: we’re gonna need a bigger boat.
6. A new Ice Age? Will there be sloths? (Note: that link will not take you to news about a new installment in the delightful film franchise.)
7. I discovered a new bookshop last weekend called Book Face. It’s at the shopping centre near my mum’s house and not the most conveniently placed to my own home, so I don’t get there often. As a result I had no idea that this magical new shop had been open for a couple of months. Also my mum purposely didn’t tell me as she knew I’d spend money in there. She’s a bad parent, but she was right.
8. And if you missed the new Bruno Mars single that graced us with its presence yesterday, here it is: